Saturday, June 30, 2007

dk Report Considers Calling it Quits

I've recently received a new business proposal that I'm giving serious consideration. Should I accept, it's unlikely that I would have time to continue The dkReport. No decision has been made, but I thought I'd run it by everyone here first.

A new, three-star US hotel is in the planning stages (location undisclosed), and I've been asked to sit as chairman and run the operation.

Hotel management would be a new pursuit for me, although I'm an experienced entrepreneur with over 25 years building and running my own service businesses. Also, I worked in the restaurant industry for 11 years growing up, and know first-hand the joys and pains of the hospitality industry.

The good news came in the following letter, which I thought I'd share with you. It's obviously a foreign company, and the odd syntax and grammar has an old-world charm that I find endearing.

---------------------------

Dear Mr. Kneupper

I am Mr. Tony Adamson, I wants to buy a three star hotel building in your country within the range of $28 million US DOLLARS.

I solicit for your cooperation to an experienced Person like you, to assist set up develop this project in your country and assume responsibility of ownership as a chairman and operational partner in this Establishment, for your assistance you shall own 30% of the investment as the chairman & operational partner.

Your immediate reply will be highly appreciated and I shall give you more information on this project.

Please contact me at my private E-mail: mr_tonyadamson1@myway.com

Mr. Tony Adamson
LONDON UK,
+44-704-5705611.
mr_tonyadamson1@myway.com


----------------------------

Cool huh? There is no such thing as luck -- it's just opportunity meeting preparation, and I've been prepared for something like this for a long time.

I'm writing him now, and I'll let you know how things work out.

best

dk

2 comments:

Isam Laroui said...

The mr_tonyadamson... email address by itself is proof enough of the seriousness of the offer (which you should wholeheartedly accept 'cause opportunities like this don't ever knock twice on your door).
You should also check out this silver mine in Congo that Mr. Knogoumbou emailed me about :)

Bill Luby said...

Can't you get the eMuckdog to do this for you on the cheap and pocket the difference?